The GED Regional Testing Center is located at 760 Hillsdale Avenue, Room 1, San Jose, CA.
GED Testing Registration
- It is required that you sign-up to attend a GED Testing Registration before scheduling GED testing dates; check the schedule by clicking here. You can sign-up online by clicking here, or by calling 1 (408) 723-6450. Appointments are required, no walk-ins allowed.
- It is required to bring valid government issued photo identification and payment to the GED Testing Registration session
- Location: Metropolitan Center, 760 Hillsdale Avenue, Room 1, San Jose, CA 95136, telephone 1 (408) 723-6450.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before the session is to begin: Check-in at Room 1 to get a campus pass and you will be directed to Room 15.
- The GED Testing Registration will last 2 hours
- During the session you will: 1) Complete the GED Testing Registration forms required by the GED Testing Service in Washington, D.C. 2) Learn how to use the CASIO scientific calculator required when completing the math test, and 3) Become prepared to do your best in each test session.
GED Testing Information & Eligibility
- You are eligible to schedule GED testing dates when you have attended a GED Testing Registration, met the age requirement, and any additional requirements. To view the test schedule click here.
- GED testing sessions are by appointment only, no walk-ins allowed.
- All test-takers must bring valid government issued photo identification to all the scheduled testing sessions.
- The cost is $175.00 payable in cash or money order, only (made out to "MetroED") - no checks or credit cards will be accepted.
- All candidates must pre-pay fees at or before the GED Testing Registration. workshop
- No refunds will be given.
- The re-test cost: $25.00 per retest. You may only test/retest 3 times in one calendar year (January 1st through December 31st). Each time you retest you will be given a different form of the test.
On the Day of your Scheduled Testing Date
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled testing appointment and pick up a campus pass in Room 1 at the Metropolitan Adult Education site, 760 Hillsdale Avenue. If you arrive late or have not pre-registered, you will not be admitted into the testing room.
GED is a registered trademark of the American Council on Education and may not be used or reproduced without the express written permission of the American Council on Education.